5th Annual Harlem Renaissance Extravaganza: “A Night at the Cotton Club”
Find Harlem Renaissance Location: Cimana Event Center, 14775 Midway Rd #A, Addison, TX 75001
Harlem Renaissance Map
Get Harlem Renaissance Date & Time: Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 7:30 PM – Sun, Jul 1, 2018, 12:00
Visit Harlem Renaissance Official Website
Harlem Renaissance Tickets
More About 5th Annual Harlem Renaissance Extravaganza: “A Night at the Cotton Club.”
Harlem Renaissance Men’s Suit Provided by Dallas Vintage Shop.
Quote from Hosts, Verb Kulture Ent. and Shelley Carrol Productions:
“In Honor of Black Music Month
Verb Kulture Ent. And Shelley Carrol Productions present: 5th Annual Harlem Renaissance Extravanganza
“A NIGHT AT THE COTTON CLUB”
Don’t Miss the “A” Train…Coming June 30, 2018
This Event was has been featured in Dallas Morning News and Good Morning Texas. Every year it gets bigger and better.
The Annual Harlem Nights Extravaganza is always an experience like no other. This event is taking everyone back to the Harlem Renaissance Era. That’s right! We will time warp to the era of the Big Bands, Swing Dance, The Cotton Club, The Savoy, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, and when jazz was at its peak. So why not bring a taste of class from Harlem in the 1930s to Dallas in 2018. This is when Men will pull out their Zoot Suits, Tailed Tuxedos, Top Hats, and the Ladies will dress with elegance and class showing off their fancy Gowns. Can you picture it???
Then Come Experience a Night in Harlem at “The Cotton Club”
- FEATURING: SHELLEY CARROL of the Duke Ellington Orchestra along with his BIG BAND.
- Also Featuring: VERB from Season 3 of Verses and Flow.
- With Poetry of the greats like Langston Hughes and Zora Hurston
- Featuring Classic Car Showcase “Showcasing Cars from the 1920s and 30s and 40s”
- Entertainment will be at its best. Shelley Carrol of the Duke Ellington Orchestra and his Big Band will set the tone for the evening.
- Swing Dancers, come get your Lindy Hop, Charleston, and jitterbug on…keep the dance floor on fire!
- Performances throughout the evening from various artists in the DFW performing hits from the Harlem Renaissance Era.
- Attire: Dress Code will be Strictly Enforced! Classy Semi-Formal Attire Required to Enter.
- Attire is to be themed from the 1920s 30s and 40s. Dress to Impress!!!
- Live Band and DJ…Food, drink specials, and a good ol’ Harlem time.”